Thursday 28 April 2011

Illustration Friday - Bicycle

Long time between blog entries and I blame it on Easter Eggs. I decided to try out Illustration Friday for the first time http://www.illustrationfriday.com/ where a new topic is posted each Friday giving you a weeks deadline to come up with an illustration based around the topic and submit it to the website along with hundreds of other folks. This weeks topic was bicycle. A tough one for a first off as I always seem to struggle to draw bikes and miss finer details such as the chain! I decided to go for a 1960's look with a cowboy riding with his toy bunny perched on the handlebar and light. I hate drawing round shapes freehand and if I was seriously doing this drawing and had loads of time to faff about, I'd probably dig out the French curves (after dusting them off of course!) This was fun to do and a good challenge. I'd like to give it another try again soon and even allow myself more than a day... maybe.


5 comments:

  1. Love the colors and retro look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely illustration! I like your color choices. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really charming! Beautiful nostalgic feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's better that you didn't use curves to make the wheels; they have a lot of charm the way they are. And there's great motion in them. Fun style, love the retro!

    ReplyDelete