Thursday 14 July 2011

Illustration Friday - Stay and Remedy

Stay

Remedy

I didn't finish 'Remedy' in time to go up last Friday so I'm posting it with this weeks submission. It's based on those 1940's adverts for amazing cures for everything you can imagine with long, complicated names. I have a collection of magazines from the 1900's through to the 60's and got some inspiration from those for both of these illustrations. 'Stay' is an illustration of a very well travelled lady from the 1920's who's just arrived at another destination.

3 comments:

  1. Great job - love the use and balance of red

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these very much. The colors in the top one are fabulous, and the bottom one looks just like those old ads (but better)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colours! Really attractive illustration.

    ReplyDelete