Tuesday 23 August 2011

GRAPHIC 2011 - Sydney Opera House, sketchnotes



Sketchnotes sample from 'Oz comics show and tell' panel
 


Sketchnotes sample from 'Oz comics show and tell' panel and my lunch break!
 
I had a fantastic weekend at GRAPHIC held at the Sydney Opera House. I found the weekend very inspiring and learnt heaps of tips and tricks for comic making. The panel was great this year, very engaging and added a voice to comics from their creators. I also joined Mandy Ords table for the 'Comic Making workshop' which eventually dwindled down to two participants since no-one was aware it was a 4 hour workshop and most folks had booked into another event at the same time. It was like a one on one tutorial (with two - ummmm) I got loads out of it including creating two A5 pages of a comic in half an hour which got the adreniline pumping! Mandy has those pages and might print them up into a mini comic and post a copy. If she has time! I imagine she'd be pretty busy with more serious comic making projects :-D The Gotye concert with accompanying animation was just brilliant! The new album has a very cruisy, layed back feel so think I'll be grabbing me a copy. I finished off the event with a Jim Woodring http://www.jimwoodring.com/ pen and ink workshop where we completed a few drills and got the basics on using nibs plus plenty of advice on the best nibs, paper, ink and reference materials to use. When I get a spare moment (!) I'll give it another shot. Can't wait for GRAPHIC to roll around again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment