Monday 26 August 2013

Pub Sketches - 26 August 2013

After a two week break fighting off a particularly feral strain of flu, I returned to life drawing at the pub tonight. I was struggling to begin with as my nose decided to start running which combined with charcoal covered hands and an absence of tissues, meant I was mainly focused on trying not to smear charcoal across my face or annoy the poor lady next to me by constantly sniffing... Noice. Thankfully I was rescued by a fellow artist who was smart enough to bring some tissues (...note to self...) and I could finally focus on drawing again. I used conte in black with a few white highlights on brown drawing paper which is a bit of a favourite technique at the moment. I'm trying not to overdo the white highlights so they just accentuate the areas the spotlight hits. I also did a sketch focusing on negative space to bring out highlights.

10 minute pose - negative space sketch

15 minute pose

30 minute pose using minimal white highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment