Monday 5 August 2013

Pub Sketches - 5 August 2013

Well, I feel like I'm repeating myself but it was another freezing cold, drizzly night for drawing at the pub! Tonight we had a male model with amazingly awesome muscle tone. I would have needed an hour to complete a drawing as there's so much work involved in getting all the muscles into the drawing. I had to really focus and think about proportion a lot more than usual. I got my hands on some brown drawing paper tonight, I've got a dealer! It was perfect for experimenting with a bit of mixed media to build tone with highlights. I dug out my old black and white conte again and also dropped in some Copic light blue marker for shadow areas. I'm liking the combo.

10 minute warm up sketch


15 minute pose
 
30 minute pose

 

No comments:

Post a Comment