Monday 29 July 2013

Pub Sketches - 29 July 2013

Another dark, cold, rainy night in a cosy warm pub for some more drawing. It wasn't as crowded as last week but still didn't get the best vantage point when I first got there even though I actually turned up on time for a change! Some folks must camp out I'm thinking. Got a better spot after the break and a mass exodus.

This week I used an Aquash brush which was still a bit ink stained from the last time I used it to sketch the outlines and shading before adding line work with a blue watercolour pencil. I added further detail with a grey fine tip marker on the 30 minute sketch. I'm thinking I might have overworked it but it was worth experimenting with.

One guy there tonight was using light warm grey Copic markers to sketch outlines and shading before inking over the top which had a really nice subtle effect. Great drawings with smooth, confident lines. I didn't catch his name but I loved his stuff. He made me want to go shopping for a couple more Copic colours...

Warm up sketches - 1 & 2 minute, charcoal

20 minute pose

30 minute pose

No comments:

Post a Comment