Monday 15 July 2013

Pub Sketches - 15 July 2013

Another cold rainy night but warm and cozy at the pub for life drawing! A lovely model with some beautiful poses this week. I arrived a little late so didn't start out with the best vantage point so I mainly focused on the face and upper body which is all I could see. I got myself into a better position a little higher up after the break and a few people had left.

Tonight I tried another technique using black and grey Copic markers and an old calligraphy pen to get an illustrative, stylised look. Similar to last weeks fine pencil work but a bit bolder. Permanant too, no opportunities to erase bits and start over. I worked on the basic outline first with grey incorporating areas of shadow then worked over that in detail with the calligraphy pen. I'm slowly working out my own style and rhythm.

5 minute poses

10 minute pose - legs and feet study

10 minute pose

Final 30 minute pose

No comments:

Post a Comment